Join us for our first webinar, I’m a parent of a young child with behavior problems, including ADHD: why do I need training in behavior therapy?
Date: Friday, June 17 from 1 – 2:30 pm ET
Beverly W. Funderburk, PhD, Professor, Pediatrics, Child Study Center, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Greta Massetti, PhD, Associate Director for Science, National Center on Chronic Disease Prevention and health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
As a parent of a young child with behavior problems or ADHD, it can be difficult to find the resources and professional support you need to help your child while supporting positive growth and development. In this webinar, parents will learn about parent training in behavior therapy and why it is an important first step for young children, including children with ADHD. During the webinar, parents and families will learn about:
Behavior therapy for young children and why it is delivered by parents; the parents’ role in fostering a healthy and positive environment for their children;
- What parent training in behavior therapy looks like (including what programs and interventions are effective for young children with ADHD and other disruptive behaviors);
- What parents can expect when being trained in behavior therapy (setting, number of sessions, activities during sessions, homework, time to see progress, types of skills addressed in the training);
- When medication is recommended for children with ADHD;
- Questions to ask their primary care physician or referring clinician;
- Questions to ask a potential parent training provider before beginning behavior therapy training; and
- How to monitor treatment progress to decide whether or not a provider and/or treatment is a good fit for your child’s needs.
Save the dates for:
Webinar 2 – Thursday, June 23, 1 – 2:30pm ET: Get the 4-1-1: Everything Primary Care Providers should know about parent training in behavior therapy while working with families with young children with ADHD
Webinar 3 – Wednesday, June 29, 1:30 – 3pm ET: A Clinician’s Tale: How do I Provide the Best Treatment for Young Children with disruptive behaviors, including ADHD?
This webinar series is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, under Cooperative Agreement No. 5U38OT000178-03.